Saturday, November 20, 2010

my absense, my thanks to audrey frelx of cute and some

my last post was  the Queen of Patience award presented to Audrey Frelx of Cute and Some, she deserves this award again for remaining a loyal and patient follower of my blog.  Audrey continues to visit and leave beautiful words of friendship despite my long absense from the blogging world.  many times in my absense, i have thought of deleting my blog because of my lack of posts.  however Audrey always seemed to visit when i was at that point and i would remember how encouraging my blog followers (or as i like to refer to them as, my artful spirits) had always been.

i also remember why i started this blog...i wanted to have a place where i can upload photos of the cards and crafts that i create, so i have a record of what i have tried, what worked and what did not. papercrafting is a passion and my studio is my zen space for me to go to and let my "artful spirit" express itself.  my blog was never meant to be a daily blog or a blog of my personal life.  right now my real world is taking up a lot of time and energy and my zen space is getting more difficult to get to and i have no time to even visit the beautiful blogs i enjoy following.  

the photos i have posted, are the pumpkin table favors i made in the summer that were used at a fall wedding.  the newlyweds' photographer sent me the photos so i could see the final tablescape and enjoy how the pumpkins looked with the other table decor.  with my american friends celebrating thanksgiving soon, i thought i would share this photo, even though most of us papercrafters are thinking christmas.  i want to leave this post with my sincerest wishes for a season of thanksgiving and a heart of peace and generosity to all.  give a gift of yourself even if it is just a kind word or a smile, you never know how far that simple act will take another person. 



14 comments:

  1. They look great. It has been a while since I have seen you in the store as well but I do think of you and your hubby every Saturday morning that I work. I started my blog for the very same reason you started yours and so often I feel like deleting it as well but then I remember my blog is for ME and the people who read it are just a bonus if they happen to come along.

    Take care and a wishing a wonderful holiday time to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Audrey the greatest blog follower?!?!?!?

    Beautiful pumpkins and pics! I wouldn't worry about not posting daily...I don't either. There is little time for scrapping but when I do, I post it to my blog when I get a chance.

    It's great to see you posting again!!!!

    Happy Thanksgiving :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think Audrey sleeps :)....she is everywhere. I really do no know how she manages it all...gotta love her tough an please......do not delete your blog. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Helen. Of course I'm here and no thanks necessary, my friend! I truly understand! Post when you can, I'm not going anywhere!

    Those pumpkins are gorgeous and you did a fabulous job on them.

    P.S. And don't you dare delete your blog!!! Remember what you just said...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time here, and will start following, so you cannot delete blog!!!! smile
    And you are right Audrey is just a wonderful person! and just love how your pumpkins look as a center piece!! beautiful!
    Gaby
    gabycreates.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, had to come stop by to wish you and your family a wonderful, blessed and happy Thanksgiving, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a bolg award for you. just go my blog and get it it is the stylish bolg award.. you will see the post to the blog award just a few posts down on my blog.. i posted some things today so it just under those posts.. Congrats girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, I wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful and blessed holiday season!

    Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a wonderful holiday season, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! How are you? Have you created anything recently? Miss seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Helen! So glad to see your blog is still here. Of course, I had to stop in to wish you a very happy Valentine's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, Helen, me again!!! Fond thoughts of you and wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Helen! I think I've seen you a couple of times over at Agnes but wasn't sure. Anyway, as you my friend always, I wanted to drop in to say hello and hope things are well with you!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, my friend!!! I've seen you around on a few blogs lately -- just wanted to say it was just nice to see you're still around.

    Happy days, my friend!

    ReplyDelete