Saturday, March 6, 2010

celebrate st. patrick's day

i created these cards yesterday but am adding the details today as my son was ill and needed some attention. i used the card function of the child's year cartridge, then cut it in half for the background paper, which i attached to glossy gold cards that i purchased at the dollar store. i used the icon function for the hat, inked the edges, cut scraps to place behind the hat for the shamrock and for the band of the hat. never one to waste, i removed the shamrocks that were left on the cutting mat and glued them down as a border for the card front that did not have the cutout border.  a simple stamp, a ribbon to add dimension and i'll be adding an inside sentiment!

4 comments:

  1. Helen. I love your card, the hat is fabuloso. and the base pp, I like that cut.

    The shamrock was really easy to do. You should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, ditto what flowerdisco said. You did a great job on that hat! Really cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Helen, it was such a pleasure having you visit my place today! Thanks for the sweet comment regarding my teacups, and for giving a shout out about my new larger format. I'm lovin' the card design! The hat and ribbon are the cutest!

    Blessings, Joy and Sunday Sunshine, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these cards, they are so pretty. Your blog is great. Thanks so much for following me and for the nice comment. I'm following you too. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete